NIOSH Offers "Straight Talk" on Nail Gun Safety
23 June 2013
NIOSH recently published an informational comic strip about nail gun safety. Straight Talk About Nail-Gun Safety depicts workers discussing the dangers associated with nail guns and how to prevent injuries.
When working with nail guns, NIOSH recommends:
- Always wear eye and hearing protection, safety shoes, and a hard hat.
- Use the full sequential trigger when possible.
- Operate the nail gun with your dominant hand and keep your free hand at least 12 inches away from the nailing location.
- Allow space for the nail gun to recoil.
- Do not engage in horseplay when operating a nail gun.
- Carry the nail gun with your finger off the trigger.
- Never remove or disable safety features on the nail gun.